RECIPE IDEA: By Slendier with our Nutrition for Life modifications
Mushroom & Broccoli Stir Fry (serves 2)
- ¼ cup mushroom soy sauce
- ¼ cup Shaoxing wine
- 2 tsp ground flaxseeds
- 1/3 cup mushroom or vegetable stock (water is fine as well)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ pack of Slendier Organic Edamame Spaghetti
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4-6 large mushrooms, thick sliced (such as swiss browns)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cm piece of ginger, minced
- 5 large scallions, cut into medium tubes
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- To make the sauce, mix all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the broccoli florets and cook until just tender then fish them out with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same pot of boiling water, cook the Slendier Organic Edamame Spaghetti according to package instructions, then drain in a colander and set aside.
- In a well-seasoned wok or large sauté pan, heat up the oil over medium-high heat. Add the mushroom slices in a single layer and allow to sit undisturbed until excess water has cooked out and mushrooms start to brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger and sauté until very fragrant, then add the broccoli, sauce, and Slendier noodles. Toss together until sauce has reduced slightly and clings to the noodles. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Add the scallions at the very end and toss just until they start to soften. Serve immediately and garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
RECOMMENDED LOW CARB BEAN PASTA IN THIS RECIPE